When I started Charleston Style Concierge, there were some who wondered what the benefit was to helping people “find style.” Being concerned about having great style seemed shallow and only relevant to people of celebrity status. In some ways, style and fashion can be vain or shallow.
But I believe that your personal style sends a message to the world about who you are and what you stand for. Every day you interact with many people, only some of whom you actually talk to. The majority of people you come into contact with are forced to form judgments about you from just your image. 55% of the image you portray comes from your appearance alone. This means what you wear and the style you create really does matter. I encourage you to take some time to think about the image you put out into the world. What does your style say about you?
5 Ways to Create a Style That Enhances Your Image
- You should choose clothing based on quality instead of quantity.
- Your personal style should send a message about who you are.
- You should only wear clothing that makes you feel confident.
- Your clothing must fit properly to portray a positive image.
- Your style should reflect who you are today, not who you once were.